VA Home Loans
The VA loan provides veterans with home loans fully backed by the government. This program was designed to provide housing and assistance for veterans and their families with fewer restrictions and more relaxed guidelines. Because the mortgage is backed by the federal government, there are some great advantages if you qualify for a VA loan compared to conventional or FHA:
- NO MORTGAGE INSURANCE REQUIRED!
- Conventional requires Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) over 80% loan to value
- FHA requires monthly mortgage insurance (MIP) for all loans
- Usually require NO MONEY DOWN! - 100% financing to $417,000 loan amount
- Conventional and FHA require minimum of 3% and 3.5% down respectively
- Lower interest rates than conventional or FHA
- Allow higher debt-to-income ratios and lower credit scores to help veterans become homeowners
- May have reduced closing costs and no prepayment penalties
- Simple, streamlined refinance option called Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL)
It doesn't get much better than a VA loan, so please let us know if you may qualify. We'll help you figure it out.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!